The module provides students with concepts and hands-on practice on GIS (Geographic Information System) and GPS (Global Positioning System) to enable them to use these applications in the field. Students are also introduced to the concepts and principles of Remote Sensing technology, which they can relate its applications in conjunction with GIS and GPS.
On completion of the module, Students will be able to:
• Explain the concepts and theory of GIS, GPS and Remote Sensing.
• Use ArcGIS Software in the generation, storing, manipulating and retrieval of geographic data.
• Explain various types of GIS data models.
• Apply basic operators in spatial analysis.
• Analyze data and information using simple spatial analytical techniques.
• Operate GPS handset to gather data for mapping.
• Interpret and produce maps applicable to the end users
- Teacher: Arjun Nepal(Adjunct)