Poultry production module aims to provide skills and knowledge of poultry production such as management of hatchery, layer and broiler farms.
On completion of the module, students will be able to:
- Describe various terminologies and breeds of poultry.
- Explain egg formation process and egg production cycle.
- List factors influencing the hatching of egg.
- Perform egg grading through candling and breakout method.
- Explain embryonic development stages during incubation.
- Perform hatchery management practices.
- Provide chick care management.
- Identify feed types used in poultry feeding.
- Analyse poultry as an enterprise.
- Teacher: Ugyen Lhaden(Tutor)