Farm animal growth and development module will introduce the students to the basic principles of animal growth from early foetal life through adulthood and the factors affecting them. Further, it will equip the students to new technologies in the manipulation of animal growth.
At the end of the module delivery, students will be able to:
· Measure and chart the growth of animals
· Discuss the process of early embryonic development and cellular differentiation in animals
· Explain the process of early placental development and its role in the development of the embryo and the foetus
· Explain the process of foetal growth and the factors affecting the growth of the foetus
· Discuss the structure and organization of different cells and tissues that constitute the animal body
· Describe the process of pre and postnatal development of the skeleton system
· Describe the process of pre and postnatal development of the Muscular system
· Describe the process of pre and postnatal development of the Adipose tissues and their role in the animal body
· Elucidate how development of muscle, bone and fat development contribute to whole animal growth
· Discuss the role of hormones and growth factors in animal growth
- Teacher: Ugyen Lhaden(Tutor)
The fish production module is designed to hone the students' various knowledge, mindsets and skill sets in fish farming. At the end of the course, they should be able to conduct fish farming independently without requiring much technical guidance and should be able to provide technological know-how to the fish farming communities in the future.
- Teacher: Drukpola Tutor(Adjunct)