- Teacher: Singye Lhamo(Adjunct)
On completion of the module, learners will be able to:
· Measure height, girth, bark thickness, and diameter of trees and logs,
· Maintain the instrument used for measuring diameter, girth, height, and bark thickness.
· Detect sources of error in measuring,
· Classify girth and diameter into classes,
· Estimate crown closure and express in percentage,
· Calculate volumes of standing trees, logs and sawn timbers using different methods
· Use general volume table to calculate volume for forest stands and trees,
· Measure and calculate cull percentage,
· Layout the sample plots for collecting inventory data,
· Carry out the field work and record the data in compass and tally sheets.
- Teacher: Dr Ugyen Dorji(Tutor)